Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Stories @ Prick of the Spindle

My story "Summer Ice" just appeared in Prick of the Spindle, a journal I highly respect and admire. The story took me a year and a half to revise before I felt like it was ready to be sent out. Nothing feels better than for an editor, especially someone like Editor-in-Chief and founder Cynthia Reeser, to affirm that work.

And while you all are there, I'd be remiss not to recommend you read one of the most moving works I've read: "One Pure Thing" by Alexis Enrico Santí (editor in chief here at Our Stories). Of course, Alexis and I are friends, but that aside, this piece is tremendously gripping. "Form is content" is exemplified here. When it comes to tone of voice and imagery, though, the work conveys the most immediate sense of honesty and urgency I've ever experienced. Absolutely a must-read.

No comments: