Our Stories |ou(ə)r; är| story 1 |ˈstôrē| |ˈstɔri|(pl. -ries)
• Home of the hardest working staff on the Internet.
• Where you send out your short story and someone actually tells you what they think of it.
• Workshoppers extraordinaire.
• Publishers of fine fiction and great interviews with authors.
• Found at http://www.ourstories.us
Friday, April 29, 2011
Recommended Reading: Jeff Walker "Case against the Driver" ~ Witness
Jeff Walker's piece "Case against the Driver" appears in Witness and conveys remarkably vivid, surreal images as its narrator reflects on his driver, Koko.
"On most of my drives with Koko, there is at least one point where I catch my hand edging toward the door handle, regardless of the speed we are moving, and this little game makes me smile."
Koko transports foreigners, it seems, back and forth from a guarded compound and to the airport, through cities and villages, where disgruntled natives sometimes sling stones and grope through car windows with knives.
A very finely crafted, uniquely moving work of nonfiction. Highly recommended.