Our Stories |ou(ə)r; är| story 1 |ˈstôrē| |ˈstɔri|(pl. -ries)
• Home of the hardest working staff on the Internet.
• Where you send out your short story and someone actually tells you what they think of it.
• Workshoppers extraordinaire.
• Publishers of fine fiction and great interviews with authors.
• Found at http://www.ourstories.us
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Recommended Reading: Heather Fowler "Making Love to the Fruit Shooter" ~ The Summerset Review
"We went through a bushel of apples some days. Before he nocked the first arrow in his bow, I pulled my hair back and fastened it low on my neck, my part centered clean-split down the middle like the apple would be."
The story moves forward with conflicts concerning Claus's accident (on his TV show, he impales a huge-breasted girl's head with an arrow) and the law firm the narrator works for, as well as the narrator taking up the hobby of watching Claus's show, where she sees his interaction with other fruit-bearing girls.